These IB revision guides for English A: Literature and English A: Language and Literature are books written by experienced teachers and contain plenty of helpful tips and advice to help you maximise your exam mark.
English A: Language & Literature reviews the skills developed in the four different parts of the course, showing how they equip you to succeed in the formal assessment. It gives examples of possible approaches to analysis essays, and includes a glossary of critical vocabulary you will find useful for your analysis of texts from different literary and non-literary genres and text types.
English A: Literature is intended as a student Guide to the IB Language A Literature programme from the start of the course, as well as a Revision Guide. Each chapter identifies the main areas of weakness that student work has shown on that component in the past, and advises on how to avoid these.
English A Literature: Study and Revision Guide
- ISBN: 978-1-907374-71-5 | Edition: | Publisher: OSC Publishing
- Written By: Elizabeth Stephan
This is a comprehensive guide to the Literature programme. It is written to accompany and to empower the individual student throughout the course. It is also an invaluable classroom resource, written with a close and detailed knowledge and understanding of the course from the student, teacher and examiner perspective. The Guide:
- Explains the whole Literature programme logically and lucidly, revealing productive connections between the different parts
- Highlights the areas that students typically find difficult (eg: ‘close’ reading of texts, and essay writing), and demonstrates how to master these in clear, accessible stages
- Defines and illustrates concepts and processes in the programme that are crucial to success but often unclear to students (and teachers)
- Focuses in detail on each assessed component in turn, outlining what each task is, how it is assessed, and how to build the necessary skills for it
- Provides outstanding examples of student work, with a useful analysis of each sample, so that students understand clearly how that level of work is achieved
- Is easy to navigate and follow: chapter sections are thoughtfully organised and sequenced with clear headings; complex processes are made accessible through visuals
- Ensures that students understand and apply what they have learned from each section and chapter, through ‘reflection’ and ‘activity’ boxes that help develop their competence in each task
About the Author
English A: Language & Literature
- ISBN: 978-1-907374-70-8 | Edition: 1 | Publisher: OSC Publishing
- Written By: Fiona Swanson
This IB revision guide for English A: Language and Literature, written by an experienced subject teacher, is intended to be used alongside the notes you have made yourself throughout the course. It is designed to prepare you for the different formal assessment elements, whether internally or externally marked: final examination, written task, oral commentary or further oral activity.
The guide reviews the skills developed in the four different parts of the course, showing how they equip you to succeed in the formal assessment. It gives examples of possible approaches to analysis essays, and includes a glossary of critical vocabulary you will find useful for your analysis of texts from different literary and non-literary genres and text types.
About the Author