Since 1991, we have welcomed thousands of IB students to our Mid IB Summer School in Cambridge. Our students immerse themselves in their subjects as well as the elegant charm of Emmanuel College. They make friends from all over the world and enjoy a wonderful programme set in one of the world's most iconic seats of learning.
Our 2017 Mid-IBDP Summer Schools in Cambridge have now ended.
If you would like to be contacted when information about our courses in 2018 is available, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0) 1865 512 802.
Who is it for?
For students entering their final year of the IB Diploma Programme
Up to 6 weeks
What's included each week:
- 17.5 hours class teaching in your chosen subject from highly experienced IB teachers
- Private single room including study space on campus
- 24 hour pastoral care throughout your entire stay with us
- Breakfast and lunch 5 days a week
- Dinner on registration day
- Full social programme with a range of evening activities
98% say grades will improve
Unique IB University Fair
Choose from 20+ subjects
Students attending an OSC Mid IB Summer School have a fantastic summer and a highly effective academic experience. This investment in a student's IBDP will be crucial in securing the required grades for students to get into their dream college or university. On all of our summer programmes students can get advice on their university choices from our college counsellors and attend our college fairs, which attract many of the top universities in the UK and US respectively.
The programme is prepared using the combined expertise of our Academic Team, all of whom are highly experienced IB teachers. The course improves students confidence by reviewing year one material and developing new skills, techniques and perspective.
- Expert teaching in small classes.
- Review of first year syllabus, focusing on particular problem areas identified by you and others in your group.
- Introduction to aspects of the second year’s work. Exam techniques and tips on how to get the best grades in your assignments.
- Morning teaching in your chosen subject(s) – 1 week per subject
- Students can attend for up to six weeks
- Another IB subject can be taken in the afternoon or you can choose an IB skills option (e.g. TOK)
- University fairs and advice
How to create your Mid IB programme
The OSC Mid IBDP Summer Courses are made up of five elements: your main weekly subject, plus any or all of three optional extras.
- Use the subject table to select the subjects you want to review and which dates you want to attend. Remember: each IBDP subject lasts one week, so you can take up to six subjects over the six weeks of the course.
- Choose whether to spend part of your afternoons on our extra options.
- Choose any optional extra one-to-one advice sessions.
- Sign-up to any of the organised weekend trips.
Join a global community
The courses are fun and interactive, and we also run daily afternoon and evening activities – there are lots of opportunities for making friends both in class and out.
Year after year our students tell us that the highlight of their time on the courses was the variety of people they met from all over the world.
Developing an internationally-minded outlook is an important part of the IBDP philosophy – so you'll be putting this into action by making friends on our courses!
Our classes are taught by experienced IBDP teachers from international schools across the world who are experts in the standards required for successful work on the IB Diploma - many are also IBDP examiners.
Cambridge University is a beautiful and stimulating environment.
Our UK Mid IB Summer Schools are held in Emmanuel College, Cambridge University.