Way back in 1993, OSC ran the first Pre IB Summer School in Oxford. Our experienced IB academics conceptualised a programme that would prepare students for the challenging IB Diploma Programme. Every year, we improve the experience after reflecting on what worked well and on wider developments in the IBDP and educational best practice. This annual investment in evolving the programme together with the inspirational surroundings of St Antony's College Oxford, have resulted in a truly wonderful programme.
Who is it for?
Students about to start the IB Diploma Programme
Flexible but three weeks is recommended
What's included each week:
- 12 hours class teaching in each of two subjects, from highly experienced IB teachers.
- Private single bedroom including study space on the campus
- 24 hour pastoral care throughout your stay with us
- Breakfast every day, lunch 6 days a week
- Dinner on registration day
- Full social programme with a range of evening activities
- (Optional) Daily excursions at the weekend
97% of OSC students feel more prepared to start their IB Diploma
Experience life as an Oxford University Student
Work with students from over 50 countries
- Expert teaching in small academic classes.
- The course covers all aspects of the IB Diploma, from subject specific content to the Core and key skills needed to be a successful IB student.
- Designed as a focused, academically rigorous programme covering a range of IBDP subjects, to help students reach the required entry level for their IB Diploma.
- The recommended package: students select five modules in addition to IB Essentials. Studied over three consecutive weeks each module contains over 11 hours of class time with expert IB teachers.
- IB Essentials: provides an overview of the IB and how to get the most out of the IB Diploma.
- IB Expert: focuses on advanced academic writing and research skills designed to maximise your IB Core points.
- You can build your Pre-IB Package to suit you and your Summer plans. Weeks can run consecutively or non-consecutively.
- All students receive personalised reports.
Our classes are taught by experienced IBDP teachers from international schools across the world who are experts in the standards required for successful work on the IB Diploma.
Oxford University is a beautiful and stimulating environment for a summer course.
Our UK Pre IB Summer School is held at St Antony's College, Oxford.
A dedicated team of Deans look after all your non-academic needs and provide exciting and varied activities in the afternoons and evenings, as well as 24 hour pastoral care.
Introduction to the IB Diploma for Parents
We encourage our students’ parents to get to grips with the demands of the IB Diploma too! All parents of students attending one of our Pre IBDP Summer Schools in Oxford are very welcome to join us for Parents' Seminar on the IB Diploma followed by a Question & Answer session. Parents' Seminars take place on the first Sunday (Registration Day) of each course at 16:00. Please let us know if you’d like to take part in the Parents' Seminar by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Experience a global community
Modules are designed to be fun and interactive; when classes are over we offer daily activities – so there are lots of opportunities for making friends both in class and out.
Year after year our students tell us that the highlight of their time on the courses was the variety of people they met from all over the world. Developing an internationally-minded outlook is an important part of the IBDP philosophy – so you'll be putting this into action by making friends on our courses!