21 years ago we decided that Harvard and MIT would make the perfect new location to complement our Pre IB Summer School in Oxford. The course is academically rigorous, providing students with skills and knowledge required to start the IBDP. It provides ample academic input on IB subjects whilst giving students enough freedom to enjoy their time together. It is also a great choice for students who are thinking of going to university in the US.
Who is it for?
Students about to start the IB Diploma Programme
Boston (based at Harvard & MIT university campuses)
97% of OSC students feel more prepared to start their IB Diploma
Experience Life at a Top World University
Work with students from over 50 countries
- Expert teaching in small academic teaching classes.
- The course covers all aspects of the IB Diploma, from content to key skills needed to be a successful IB student.
- Designed as a focused, academically rigorous programme covering a range of IBDP subjects, to help students reach the required entry level for their IB Diploma.
- A Course Orientation provides students with an overview of the IB Diploma and how the Summer School will prepare them for their studies.
- At least 45 hours of class time in addition to local excursions and our US College Preparation course, taught by specialist IB teachers.
- Final reports written by teachers and available online for parents.
Our classes are taught by experienced IBDP teachers from international schools across the world who are experts in the standards required for successful work on the IB Diploma - many are also IBDP examiners.
What could be more exciting then spending the summer living in Harvard and studying your OSC courses on the MIT university campus!
Our Pre IB Summer Schools in Boston are held in Cambridge Massachusetts, just across the Charles River from downtown Boston, at two of the most prestigious institutions in the world.
Experience a global community
The courses are fun and interactive, and we also run daily afternoon and evening activities – there are lots of opportunities for making friends both in class and out.
Year after year our students tell us that the highlight of their time on the courses was the variety of people they met from all over the world. Developing an internationally-minded outlook is an important part of the IBDP philosophy – so you'll be putting this into action by making friends on our courses!