Boston is a dynamic city combining the energy of a college town with the historic grandeur you would expect of one of the epicentres of the American revolution. Explore the downtown area and Cambridge to find endless shops, cafes, restaurants, museums and art galleries all showcasing Boston's unique blend of modernity and history.
This is where OSC students live while on our Pre IB and Mid IB Boston Summer Schools.
Founded in 1636, Harvard is the oldest university in the US and one of the prestigious Ivy League institutions.
Harvard's founder, John Harvard, was educated at Emmanuel College, Cambridge (UK), and Harvard's atmosphere and architecture were designed to echo the college traditions of Oxford and Cambridge.
THE MASSACHUSETTS INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY (MIT)
OSC students take classes at the MIT campus while on our Pre IB and Mid IB Boston Summer Schools.
MIT is a quirky school. Once a year a piano is thrown off the roof of Baker House, a student dorm, designed by the Finnish architect Alvar Aalto. Why, you ask? Well, it is a Physics experiment of course. MIT is lots of fun and has its traditions but don't make the mistake of thinking that MIT is just for geeks.
They have some of the best sports complexes around - two Olympic sized swimming pools, a state of the art gym, fantastic basketball, volleyball and squash courts, and a great outdoor running track.
- Every student has their own private single study bedroom with shared bathroom facilities. The rooms are used by graduate students in term time, and are a good size and comfortable.
- Male and female students live separately, to ensure privacy.
- Friends can live close by, or next to each other.
- There are student lounges where you can meet with friends to study, chat or watch TV.
- Laundry facilities, free internet access and communal kitchens are also available.
- Temperatures in Boston are on average a fantastic 28 C, but it can be humid and can sometimes get quite hot.
- All rooms at Harvard come equipped with a box fan, which is normally enough, but some of our students find they need some extra cooling power.
- Some of the bedrooms have air conditioners, and these are available for an additional charge on a first come, first served basis. To guarantee an air conditioned room you can select this on your application form or email us at email@example.com.
- We always take health conditions and physical disabilities into consideration and we are happy to assist in any way we can.
- We may be able to organise rooms which are on the ground floor and near to your classrooms if required.
- Please contact our team to discuss any questions you may have, or to let us know how we can help you.
- For breakfast and lunch, you will be given a pre-paid payment card which can be used at a variety of cafés around MIT, including in the air-conditioned “MIT Student Center”.
- During each week, typically on three nights, the OSC team will bring everyone together for a shared evening meal, such as “Pizza Night”, or a barbecue.
- You will soon find that you want to enjoy the flexibility and independence to explore the many student-friendly restaurants and cafés in the famous Harvard Square with your friends, or if you feel more adventurous speak to the Deans about options outside the campus.
- If you prefer, you can prepare snacks in the communal kitchens near your rooms and make use of the green shady area in the middle of the university where you can sit and relax at any time.
OSC enjoys a longstanding relationship with Harvard and MIT, and is in a fantastic position to make use of both universities resources. However, OSC is an independent company separate from both universities. OSC contracts with the universities for the use of their facilities, but has no formal connection with either Harvard University or The Massachusetts Institute of Technology.