OSC is always pleased to hear about experienced and talented IB Diploma Programme teachers (in subjects currently offered), who would like to join our teaching team. If we anticipate vacancies in the subject(s) offered, we may send an Application Form after receipt of your CV before deciding whether to take this further.
Teachers who successfully navigate the recruitment process will subsequently be invited to indicate their availability to teach with us during our March/April and July/August courses each year. Courses take place in the following locations: Oxford (UK), Cambridge (UK), Boston (US), Melbourne and Sydney (Australia).
Please note that teaching allocations are influenced by immigration status and eligibility.
How to apply
If you would like to apply to join the OSC teaching team, please send a copy of your up-to-date CV to email@example.com
Teachers who have recent experience as IBDP examiners and/or workshop leaders and have prepared >10 students/year for the DP exams over the last >5 years are preferred.
If your application seems likely to match our needs, it will be reviewed by a member of our Academic team. If the Academic team feel that your experience and expertise meets the high standards expected by OSC, you will be sent an Application Form and then we will request references.
Teaching roles offer a very competitive teaching rate, professional development opportunities and opportunities to interact with outstanding IBDP teachers from around the world.
OSC works with experienced IB teachers from IB schools all over the world who:
- enjoy teaching small classes of motivated students, usually streamed by grade and option
- love the challenge of effectively teaching and explaining concepts from all parts of the syllabus to students from many different backgrounds
- are inventive, fun and can inspire the very best from students
- have at least 2 years of IBDP experience and strong positive references from colleagues
- are available for a minimum of a 2.5 day course in Spring, or 1 week in Summer; most of our teachers return year after year
- like to produce their own relevant and focussed resources
OSC teachers are supported in the following ways:
- competitive pay, all accommodation and most meals
- an opportunity to develop your practise; and benefit students in your own school
- networking and catching up with friends and colleagues from other top IB schools
- being part of a highly respected, prestigious, IB revision organisation with increasing opportunities for online and face-to-face teaching
- enjoy an established social programme, including evening social gatherings and OSC funded social events such as theatre trips
- experience living and working in one of the beautiful colleges or universities in which we hold our courses
- new teachers receive support and guidance from an experienced OSC 'mentor' teacher in preparing for their courses and a 'buddy' once you arrive
- pre-prepared course material for Pre IBDP classes
- student pre-course questionnaires for Mid IBDP classes so you can plan effectively
- Course Deans who look after teachers to ensure you can focus on and enjoy your teaching