We have put together some helpful information about travelling to your OSC Course. Before booking flights, trains, buses etc, check your arrival and departure times on our Course Schedule page. All prices given below are subject to change – see providers' websites for the latest rates.
We recommend that all students take advice from the UAE Embassy in their country on whether a visa is required to enter the United Arab Emirates.
- If you do need a visa to enter the United Arab Emirates, you should complete the relevant visitor visa application form according to embassy advice – more information is available here.
- We are happy to provide a letter in support of your visa application – however, prior to us providing such a letter, your total course fees must be paid in full. Please contact us if you require a letter in support of your visa application.
- Please note that many embassies take a long time to process a visa application – it is best to contact them as soon as possible to find out about the procedures and make your application.
- If a visa is refused we will refund the full fees minus a handling charge of AED 400, provided that the visa application was made at least 1 month prior to the start of the whole course. Proof of application date and refusal is required before fees are refunded – please see our Cancellation Policy.
Please note: not having received a response from the visa authority does not qualify the Student or Parent for a refund.
It is essential that you have comprehensive travel insurance to cover loss of possessions and medical expenses as for any trip away from home – it is also highly advisable to include cancellation cover with your insurance.
Travelling to Dubai
- Dubai has 2 airports, the main Dubai International Airport, and the smaller Al Maktoum International Airport. Information for both airports can be found on the Dubai Airports website
- Most major international airlines will fly into Dubai International Airport, however some fly into Al Maktoum as well so please check which airport you are flying to. A list of which airlines fly into Dubai (DXB) and Al Maktoum (DWC) can be found here.
- There are public transport and taxi links from the airports to the city, inlcuding the Metro, buses and taxis.
Consent to Travel Letters
It is recommended that students who are under 18 and are flying without parental supervision carry a letter from their parent/guardian giving consent for them to travel alone. More and more airlines are asking to see these letters at check in. The letter should include:
your dates of travel and return
where you will be travelling to
where you will be staying
parental consent to travel alone.
Getting to the School
Address: GEMS Wellington Academy, Silicon Oasis, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
The school is located in Silicon Oasis, which is about 15 minutes from Dubai International Airport, 20 minutes from Dubai Internet City, and 30 minutes from Jebel Ali/Al Maktoum Aiport.