Students will feel much more informed and confident in deciding on which curriculum to study, and if they decide on the IBDP in making their IB subject choices, leaving them with the best options to pursue whatever direction they may choose when they leave school.
For local students, they will have a real insight into what life and study might be like at one of these two fantastic schools.
For international students considering studying in the UK, they will have had an introduction to a unique opportunity to study at a UK state school.
Students will take part in well-designed activities which introduce them to the core aspects of the IB, and then have short taster sessions across the wide array of subjects offered at both of the participating schools. These will be interspersed with some sports, cultural visits, and fun activities led by members of the schools and their students.
Evening activities – sports and cultural! Punting (on the river Cam), ice-cream, theatre in the park.
There is a weekend coach trip to Thorpe Park – one of the UK’s most popular attractions and offers over 30 rides of all sizes and excitement levels.
Students will be cared for 24 hours a day by OSC’s wonderful team of Deans.
Evenings will be spent as a group, using the long summer evenings to explore this wonderful city, with activities in the common room. Activities may include taking a bike ride around the city, going on the river in a “punt”, going to the under 18 “night” club.
Residential at Emmanuel College, Cambridge. Students will live in accommodation used during the university term by Cambridge Undergraduates. It is a safe site, right in the centre of Cambridge.
St Andrew's Street
Cambridge, CB2 3AP
Activities at Impington Village College and Parkside Sixth. Both are highly successful IBDP schools in Cambridge serving both international students and the local community. Residential students will travel on local buses, accompanied by staff members at all time.
If you do need a visa to enter the UK, you should complete the relevant visitor visa application form according to Embassy advice – more information is available on the UK Border Agency website.
We are happy to provide a letter in support of your visa application – however, prior to us providing such a letter, your total course fees must be paid in full. Please contact us if you require a letter in support of your visa application.
Please note that many Embassies take a long time to process a visa application – it is best to contact them as soon as possible to find out about the procedures and make your application.
If a visa is refused we will refund the full fees minus a handling charge of £75, provided that the visa application was made at least 1 month prior to the start of the courses. Proof of application date and refusal is required before fees are refunded – please see our Cancellation Policy.
Please contact the OSC Team if you have any questions.
It is essential that you have comprehensive travel insurance to cover loss of possessions and medical expenses as for any trip away from home – it is also highly advisable to include cancellation cover with your insurance.
COURSE FEE WITH ACCOMMODATION
Sunday 15 July to the morning of Wednesday 25 July
Monday 16 July to the morning of Wednesday 25 July
Incl. bed and breakfast (per night)
Extra curricular activity
APPLICATION PROCESS FAQ
- We accept applications right up to the start of the courses, but classes do fill up quickly and we may run out of space if you leave it too late. But always ask – we may be able to make space.
- The deposit or full course fees must accompany your application – we cannot reserve places until the deposit is received.
- We will respond to online applications by email within 24 hours to confirm that your application has been received by us. Then, within 2 working days we will email you again to confirm your place or discuss your course. If you don't receive our email please contact us.
Please contact the OSC Team if you have any questions.
- If you apply before 4th May 2018, only the deposit is due with your application. The deposit makes up part of your total fees.
- The balance is due by 4th May 2018. This means that for applications made before this date, the remaining fees must be paid by 4th May 2018 and for applications made after 4th May, the full fees must be paid at the time you apply.
- We will continue to take applications right up until the courses start, but only if we have space - please be aware that these courses are popular and spaces fill up very quickly. You should contact us as early as possible in order to secure your preferred dates and subjects.
Please be assured that if we are unable to place you in the appropriate course we will refund the payment in full. Please also note that whenever you apply, you will still receive a full refund if you cancel within 14 days, in line with our Cancellation Policy.
By credit card (Visa or MasterCard only).
By personal cheque or bank draft payable to OXFORD STUDY COURSES. Please send this to Oxford Study Courses, Belsyre Court, 57 Woodstock Road, Oxford OX2 6HJ, UK.
Bank Transfer to 'Oxford Study Courses', Barclays Bank plc, Oxford City Branch, PO Box 333, Oxford OX1 3HS
UK Sort Code 20-65-18
Account Number 46494811
IBAN Number: GB59 BARC 2065 1846 4948 11
BIC or Swift Code: BARCGB22 (for banks requiring 11 digit codes please add ‘XXX’ to the end)
Any bank charges incurred by us on your behalf will have to be passed on to you. Bank charges can be minimised by sending the full course fees in a single payment.
- There is a cancellation period of fourteen days after your course has been confirmed in which you can cancel for a complete refund.
- If you cancel before 4th May 2018 but after the cancellation period, fees will be refunded minus a handling charge of £100.
- After 4th May 2018 we can only refund deposits or fees if you cancel within the cancellation period.
- We advise you to take out cancellation insurance to cover you in case you are unable to attend your course.
- To view our cancellation policy, click here.