Experience the excitement and challenge of the IB
Programme and decide if the Diploma Programme or
Career-related Programme is for you
|WHO||Students deciding whether to start the IBDP in 2020|
|WHEN||14 - 27 July 2019|
- Interactive workshop sessions with IB school leaders, teachers, students, and graduates that will introduce you to the core aspects of the IBDP and IBCP
- Interactive taster sessions across a wide range of IBDP subjects
- An IB skills project to try out what you have learned
- Three meals a day and a full social programme of sports, cultural visits, and fun activities in Cambridge
You will take part in well-designed activities which introduce you to the core aspects of the IB, and then have short taster sessions across the range of subjects offered at both of the participating schools. This varied programme will give you plenty to think about and to take away.
You will have a chance to try out your IB skills on a three day project including a trip to a site of national interest.
The project will allow you to identify local issues and understand how these relate to global issues. The group will share their findings and discuss ideas for action to take away with them.
Evenings will be spent as a group, using the long summer evenings to explore this wonderful city. Activities may include ten-pin bowling, theatre in the park, punting on the river, going to the under 18 “night” club…
There is a weekend coach trip to Thorpe Park, one of the UK’s most popular attractions which offers over 30 rides of all sizes and excitement levels.
Students will be cared for 24 hours a day by OSC’s wonderful team of Deans who have been specially trained to look after you and look out for you. They will ensure that all students are happy and safe, and oversee every aspect of our social programmes.
LOCATION: CAMBRIDGE, UK
Impington Village College Impington, Cambridge, CB24 9LX
IVC is a secondary school on the edge of Cambridge that has been offering the IBDP since 1990. Inspired by Henry Morris’s vision, the school strives to be inclusive, international, and inspirational.
Parkside Sixth 47 City Road, Cambridge, CB1 1DP
Parkside Sixth is an international sixth form rated Outstanding by Ofsted. Dating back to 1913, the school has a rich heritage and has been offering the IBDP since 2010.
Emmanuel College St Andrew's Street, Cambridge, CB2 3AP
Beautiful Emmanuel College, founded in 1548, is where our residential students will live in accommodation used during term time by Cambridge Undergraduates. It is a safe site, right in the centre of Cambridge. Accompanied by staff members, students will travel on local buses between all classes and their accommodation.
FEES & APPLYING
Incl. academic programme, skills project, accommodation, all meals, social programme and pastoral care
Inlcuding bed & breakfast (per night)
We accept applications right up to the start of the courses, but classes do fill up quickly and we may run out of space if you leave it too late. But always ask – we may be able to make space.
The deposit or full course fees must accompany your application – we cannot reserve places until the deposit is received.
We will respond to online applications by email within 24 hours to confirm that we have received them. Then, within 2 working days we will email you again to confirm your place or discuss your application. If you don't receive our email please contact us.
Please contact the OSC Team if you have any questions.
- The Final Payment Date is 3rd May 2019.
- If you apply before the Final Payment Date, only the deposit is due with your application. The deposit makes up part of your total fees.
- The balance is due by the Final Payment Date. This means that for applications made before this date, the remaining fees must be paid by the Final Payment Date and for applications made after the Final Payment Date, the full fees must be paid when you apply.
- We will continue to take applications right up until the courses start, but only if we have space - please be aware that these courses are popular and spaces fill up very quickly. You should contact us as early as possible in order to secure your preferred dates and subjects.
Please be assured that if we are unable to place you in the appropriate course we will refund the payment in full. Please also note that whenever you apply, you will still receive a full refund if you cancel within 14 days, in line with our Cancellation Policy.
By credit card (Visa or MasterCard only).
By personal cheque or bank draft payable to OXFORD STUDY COURSES. Please send this to Oxford Study Courses, Belsyre Court, 57 Woodstock Road, Oxford OX2 6HJ, UK.
Bank Transfer to 'Oxford Study Courses', Barclays Bank plc, Oxford City Branch, PO Box 333, Oxford OX1 3HS
UK Sort Code: 20-65-26
Account Number: 70432156
IBAN Number: GB89 BARC 2065 2670 4321 56
BIC or Swift Code: BARCGB22 (for banks requiring 11 digit codes please add ‘XXX’ to the end)
Any bank charges incurred by us on your behalf will have to be passed on to you. Bank charges can be minimised by sending the full course fees in a single payment.
- There is a cancellation period of 14 days from the date of the "OSC Course Confirmation" email in which the application can be cancelled and a full refund issued.
- If you cancel before the Final Payment Date but after the cancellation period, fees will be refunded minus a handling charge of £100.
- After the Final Payment Date we can only refund deposits or fees if you cancel within the cancellation period.
- We advise you to take out cancellation insurance to cover you in case you are unable to attend your course.
- To view our Cancellation Policy, click here.
OSC students from outside the EU normally travel to the UK on a Visitor visa; a Study visa is not normally required to attend our courses. You can get information on visa requirements on the UK Border Agency website.
We can provide a letter in support of your visa application; however, prior to us providing such a letter, your total course fees must be paid in full. Please contact us if you require a letter in support of your visa application.
Please note that many Embassies take a long time to process a visa application - it is best to contact them as soon as possible to find out about the procedures and make your application.
If a visa is refused we will refund the full fees minus a handling charge of £100, provided that the visa application was made at least 1 month prior to the start of the whole course. Proof of application date and refusal is required before fees are refunded - please see our Cancellation Policy.
Please note: not having received a response from the visa authority does not qualify the Student or Parent for a refund.
It is essential that you have comprehensive travel insurance to cover loss of possessions and medical expenses as for any trip away from home. It is also highly advisable to include cancellation cover with your insurance.
It is recommended that students who are under 18 and are flying without parental supervision carry a letter from their parent/guardian giving consent for them to travel alone. More and more airlines are asking to see these letters at check in. The letter should include:
your dates of travel and return
where you will be travelling to
where you will be staying
parental consent to travel alone.