Experience the excitement and challenge of the IB
Programme and decide if the Diploma Programme or
Career-related Programme is for you
The IB Diploma Programme provides a broad and balanced educational pathway that develops independent, creative, and open-minded learners who develop the attributes to flourish in higher education and employment. It is internationally recognised and, as such, enables students to travel, study, and work successfully across the world with confidence. We would strongly encourage students considering this route to take part in "Explore IB" so that they can see for themselves everything that the IB has to offer.
PRINCIPAL, IMPINGTON VILLAGE COLLEGE
Students will take part in well-designed activities which introduce them to the core aspects of the IB, and then have short taster sessions across the range of subjects offered at both of the participating schools. These will be interspersed with some sports, cultural visits, and fun activities led by members of the schools and their students.
Evening activities – sports and cultural! Punting (on the river Cam), ice-cream, theatre in the park.
There is a weekend coach trip to Thorpe Park – one of the UK’s most popular attractions and offers over 30 rides of all sizes and excitement levels.
Students will be cared for 24 hours a day by OSC’s wonderful team of Deans.
Evenings will be spent as a group, using the long summer evenings to explore this wonderful city, with activities in the common room. Activities may include taking a bike ride around the city, going on the river in a “punt”, going to the under 18 “night” club.
LOCATION: CAMBRIDGE, UK
Impington Village College Impington Cambridge, CB24 9LX
IVC is a secondary school on the edge of Cambridge that has been offering the IBDP since 1990. Inspired by Henry Morris’s vision, the school strives to be inclusive, international, and inspirational.
Parkside Sixth 47 City Road Cambridge, CB1 DP
Parkside Sixth is an international sixth form rated Outstanding by Ofsted. Dating back to 1913, the school has a rich heritage and has been offering the IBDP since 2010.
Emmanuel College St Andrew's Street Cambridge, CB2 3AP
Beautiful Emmanuel College, founded in 1548, is where our residential students will live in accommodation used during term time by Cambridge Undergraduates. It is a safe site, right in the centre of Cambridge. Accompanied by staff members, students will travel on local buses to and from class and accommodation locations.
COURSE FEE WITH ACCOMMODATION
Sunday 15th July to the morning of Wednesday 25th July
Monday 16th July to the morning of Wednesday 25th July
Including bed and breakfast (per night)
Extra curricular activity
APPLICATION PROCESS FAQ
- We accept applications right up to the start of the courses, but classes do fill up quickly and we may run out of space if you leave it too late. But always ask as we may be able to make space.
- The deposit or full course fees must accompany your application. We cannot reserve places until the deposit is received.
- We will respond to online applications by email within 24 hours to confirm that we have received them. Then, within 2 working days we will email you again to confirm your place or discuss your application. If you don't receive our email please contact us.
Please contact the OSC Team if you have any questions.
- If you apply before 4th May 2018, only the deposit is due with your application. The deposit makes up part of your total fees.
- The balance is due by 4th May 2018. This means that for applications made before this date, the remaining fees must be paid by 4th May 2018 and for applications made after 4th May, the full fees must be paid at the time you apply.
- We will continue to take applications right up until the courses start, but only if we have space. Please be aware that these courses are popular and spaces fill up very quickly. You should contact us as early as possible in order to secure your preferred dates and subjects.
Please be assured that if we are unable to place you in the appropriate course we will refund the payment in full. Please also note that whenever you apply, you will still receive a full refund if you cancel within 14 days, in line with our Cancellation Policy.
By credit card (Visa or MasterCard only).
By personal cheque or bank draft payable to OXFORD STUDY COURSES. Please send this to Oxford Study Courses, Belsyre Court, 57 Woodstock Road, Oxford OX2 6HJ, UK.
Bank Transfer to 'Oxford Study Courses', Barclays Bank plc, Oxford City Branch, PO Box 333, Oxford OX1 3HS
UK Sort Code: 20-65-26
Account Number: 70432156
IBAN Number: GB89 BARC 2065 2670 4321 56
BIC or Swift Code: BARCGB22 (for banks requiring 11 digit codes please add ‘XXX’ to the end)
Any bank charges incurred by us on your behalf will have to be passed on to you. Bank charges can be minimised by sending the full course fees in a single payment.
- There is a cancellation period of 14 days after your course has been confirmed in which you can cancel for a complete refund.
- If you cancel before 4th May 2018 but after the cancellation period, fees will be refunded minus a handling charge of £100.
- After 4th May 2018 we can only refund deposits or fees if you cancel within the cancellation period.
- We advise you to take out cancellation insurance to cover you in case you are unable to attend your course.
- To view our cancellation policy, click here.
In order to help your journey to/from Cambridge pass smoothly, OSC in partnership with Airport Angels, is able to provide Airport Meet and Greet Services at London Heathrow Airport and London Stansted Airport. There are two services available, Arrival Meet & Greet, and Departure & Check-in.
Arrival Meet & Greet
- A member of Airport Angels staff will meet you outside the arrivals gate and escort you to the departure point for a regular bus service to Cambridge. They will wait with you and ensure you are safely on the coach. Once in Cambridge, you will be met at Parker's Piece bus stop by an OSC representative. You will then be escorted to your taxi which will take you straight to your college.
- Note: You will be given a Return Bus Ticket, which can be used when travelling back to the airport.
- The service will operate between 06:00 and 18:00 on your registration day or on the day before registration.
- You can select this service when applying, or contact OSC to add it to an existing application.
Departure & Check-in
- A pre-paid taxi will take you to Parker's Piece bus stop where the airport bus service will be waiting to take you to the airport. A quick call to Airport Angels will allow them to meet you off the bus, walk with you to the terminal and assist with check-in. The Airport Angels representative will then take you to Security and can provide support in the event of problems.
- This service can only be purchased as an addition to the Arrival Meet & Greet, and will operate between 06:00 and 18:00 on your stated departure day.
- You can add this service by contacting OSC after your application has been confirmed.
- Please contact OSC if you will be arriving outside of the core hours or require an alternative Meet and Greet service. We may be able to accommodate your request.
It is recommended that students who are under 18 and are flying without parental supervision carry a letter from their parent/guardian giving consent for them to travel alone. More and more airlines are asking to see these letters at check in. The letter should include:
- your dates of travel and return
- where you will be travelling to
- where you will be staying
- parental consent to travel alone.
If you are 14 years old, or younger, and flying with British Airways – please read the information found here.
If you do need a visa to enter the UK, you should complete the relevant visitor visa application form according to Embassy advice; more information is available on the UK Border Agency website.
We are happy to provide a letter in support of your visa application. However, prior to us providing such a letter, your total course fees must be paid in full. Please contact us if you require a letter in support of your visa application.
Please note that many Embassies take a long time to process a visa application. It is best to contact them as soon as possible to find out about the procedures and make your application.
If a visa is refused we will refund the full fees minus a handling charge of £100, provided that the visa application was made at least 1 month prior to the start of the courses. Proof of application date and refusal is required before fees are refunded – please see our Cancellation Policy.
Please contact the OSC Team if you have any questions.
It is essential that you have comprehensive travel insurance to cover loss of possessions and medical expenses as for any trip away from home. It is also highly advisable to include cancellation cover with your insurance.